Brought to you by:
FCC Chief Agricultural Economist J.P. Gervais takes a look at current global economic trends and how they impact Canadian agriculture.
• The Canadian economy experienced positive growth in 2012, although it was below average.
• Interest rates are expected to remain low for 2013 and growth in the Canadian economy will likely come from business investment.
• The U.S. needs a long-term debt management solution to bolster economic growth.
• Indicators suggest the Chinese economy could expand at a faster pace in 2013, keeping Canadian commodity demands strong.
• Continued drought conditions in the U.S. could push crop prices up this year.