Last month, Hesston by Massey Ferguson released its 2370 Ultra High Density (Ultra HD) baler to North American producers at the 2018 World Ag Expo in California.
A Class 8 baler, the 2370 Ultra HD produces 3’ X 4’ bales with 20 per cent greater density than Hesston’s Model 2270XD baler. The 2370 Ultra HD is designed to produce heavy, dense bales from light-weight, dry, slick grass and hard-to-bale crop residue.
Some additional key features of the 2370 Ultra HD:
- New, intuitive Bale Create user interface providing all relevant baler performance information
- Heavy-duty main chassis for handling ultra-high-density bales
- New OptiFlow pickup assembly system
- 28-inch longer bale chamber for greater density control
- Simpler design with fewer cylinders, hoses, couplers and hardware
- Driveline that includes three clutches in the main drives to protect against damage and downtime.
Two gearboxes put the power behind the Ultra HD balers without adding excessive weight or size. A new, heavy-duty midline gearbox increases the flywheel energy by allowing the input speed going into the flywheel and gearbox to “step up” from 1,000 rpm to 1,500 rpm. The heavy-duty Ultra gearbox, with maximum rated load of 760 kN, drives the plunger.
The 2370 Ultra HD plunger needle slots include brushes to remove debris from needles prior to entering knotters. Six heavy-duty, double-tie knotters use twine with up to 800-knot-strength twine for keeping high-density bales together.
Two rows of EasyFill twine boxes hold 36 balls of twine for fewer refills, and the swing-out boxes provide easy access to baler components behind the boxes. Hydraulic brakes and a roller chute with scales come standard on the 2370 Ultra HD.