Early in 2018, Salford Group released the Ferti-GO 4S, its planter mounted, granular, on-board fertilizer applicator.
The Ferti-GO 4S features a single product hopper, available for mounting on many planter models, with variable rate metering and 4 section control. The hopper has a standard capacity of four tonnes, with the ability to reach a six tonne capacity with optional hopper extensions.
“The metering system of the Ferti-GO 4S, which is currently featured onthe ST Series and other Salford’s Valmar equipment, has been well liked by our customers. With this metering system, the Ferti-GO 4S allows producers to feed fertilizer to their openers or application coulters accurately at rates low enough to apply in-row pop-up fertilizer. With flexible roller options and a range of application rate abilities, the Ferti-GO 4S can also accurately meter banded starter fertilizer,” said Salford’s Senior Product Manager, Brad Baker.
Mounting legs are available for common late model planters designed to carry on-board nutrient systems, and the Ferti-GO 4S offers a number of features, including (but not limited to):
– roll-tarp cover which allows for large open top for filling with a tender truck
– rate control ready with metering, fan speed sensors, PWM flow control and bin-level sensing
– variable rate metering with 4 section control
– optional ISOBUS compatibility to follow prescription maps
– optional weigh scales available