Recognized with two major Innovation Awards at Agritechnica – “Machine of the Year” in the forage harvester category and a Silver Innovation Award for its cab lift – Krone’s Cutting Edge Forage Harvesters are equipped with “cutting edge upgrades” says Tommy Jones, President and CEO of Krone North America.
Some of features in Krone’s new forage harvesters:
- streamlined VariStream crop flow technology;
- a spring-loaded floor beneath the chopping cylinder and a spring-loaded plate behind the crop accelerator to improve crop flow;
- six feed rollers to create maximum crop compression before entering the cutting drum;
- step-less hydrostatic drive for optimum speed control;
- An integrated additive system (high/low volume), and a RockProtect system to quickly detect rocks.
Krone’s new choppers have the Tier 4 Final Liebherr Engines with PowerSplit technology that adapts engine output automatically to harvest conditions. EcoPower is used in situations that do not require full engine power, and X Power delivers the engine’s maximum speed to succeed in difficult conditions, allowing for high productivity and fuel economy.